Dubai is located on the coast of Persian Gulf on the northern part of United Arab Emirates. It is the most populous city of UAE and is the capital of the Emirate of Dubai. In the 18th century, it was established as a small fishing village and in the early 21st century it developed into a large cosmopolitan city with a focus on tourism and hospitality.
Dubai is one of the most popular tourist destinations and has second most 5-star hotels in the world. Dubai has the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa. Oil revenue helped Dubai to accelerate its growth. Dubai's economy relies on revenues from trade, tourism, aviation, real estate, and financial services.
The emirate of Dubai shares borders with Abu Dhabi in the south, Sharjah in the northeast, and the Sultanate of Oman in the southeast. Dubai lies directly within the Arabian desert. Outskirts of Dubai city is surrounded by white sandy desert which consists mostly of crushed shell and coral. From east of the city small dunes start appearing, which further east grows into larger dunes stinged red due to iron-oxide. The sandy desert surrounding Dubai supports wild grass and date palms.
In day 5, we will be visiting the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Souk Medinat
Jumeriah, Gold Souk and see Dubai by night.
The Public Bus Transport system in Dubai is run by RTA and all taxi services are licensed by the RTA. Dubai International Airport is the busiest international passenger traffic in the world. Dubai Metro consists of two lines, Red and Green, and is very efficient. A monorail line connects the Palm Jumeirah to the mainland.
Information for Tourists:
After reaching Dubai Airport, one should collect the NOL card and Sim card. The NOL card is an electronic ticketing card issued for all mode of public transport in Dubai. It calculates the cost of your trip and deducts it from your balance. A silver card costs AED 25 with 19 E-purse value and can be topped up to AED 1000. We purchased 4 NOL cards costing AED 125 each totalling AED 500. The Airport authorities gave us 4 free SIM cards for use in Dubai.
The best way to visit Dubai is to use Hop on Hop off service of Big Bus. They have 3 types of tours: one day, two days and 5 days, and they are called classic, premium and deluxe tickets. We booked deluxe tickets on-line from India itself and got 25% discount. A lot of facilities are available in deluxe ticket, like number of free tours, walking tours, free admission to museums etc.
You get the following free tours:
1. Dubai creek Arabian Dhow Cruise, 2. Dubai night tour, 3. Dubai walking tours (5), 4. Museum Collection, 5. Desert sunset adventure, 6. Sharjah tour,
7. Marina and island Boat cruise, 8. Palm Island drive, 9. Flamingo lagoon discovery, 10. Meydan journey
Please contact the link below for more informations:
Best time to visit Dubai: Nov. To April, the winter months.
Hotels For 5 nights and rating better than 8: www.booking.com
1. Mark Inn Hotel Deira: 550 meters to Baniyas Square Metro station, walking time about 7 minutes: INR 25000
2. Howard Johnson Plaza by Wyndham Dubai Deira: 80 meters to Al Rigga Metro Station: INR 26000
3. ibis Styles Dubai Airport Hotel: 700 meters from GGICO metro station, walking time about 9 minutes: INR 26000
4. Centro Barsha – by Rotana, Barsha: 700 meters from Mashreq Metro Station, about 9 minutes walk : INR 28000
5. And so many more
Apartments For 5 nights and rating better than 8: www.booking.com
1. Deebaj Al Nakheel Hotel Apartments: 500 meters from Salah Al Din Metro station, 6 minutes walk: INR 23700
2. Grand Mercure Hotel and Residences Dubai Airport: 400 meters from GGICO Metro station, 5 minutes walk: INR 37000
3. Two Seasons Hotel & Apartments with city view: 90 meters from Dubai Internet City Metro Station 2, 1 min walk: INR 39000
4. Al Khoory Hotel Apartments Al Barsha: 450 meters from Mashreq Metro Station, 5 mins walk: INR 39000
5. And many more
Apartments For 5 nights and rating better than 8: www.airbnb.com
1. Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai, Media City Room 36: 800 meters from Al Khail Metro Station, 8 mins walk : INR 17000
2. High Floor Luxury Apartment with Burj Khalifa View near Dubai Mall: INR 29000
3. Charming Apartment 12min walk from Burj Khalifa: INR 39000
4. Luxurious Studio in Downtown with full Canal view near Dubai Mall: INR 38000
3. West Zone:
7. And many more